28th April 2009, 5.30pm An isolated and ferocious storm resulted in a single lightning strike to our chimney, that exploded showering debris over adjacent property. Five colleagues escaped unhurt through the debris, as a small fire developed. Substantial damage to electrical equipment was sustained in adjacent properties and the power outage extended across the area, to include the water pumping station.
The fire grew until it engulfed the upper floor. A total of seven fire crews worked to bring the fire under control, hampered by the failure of the water supply. We gained access a few days later to record the total destruction of the studio space.
The building was built for the Cooperative Society in 1888 and the floor shown operated over the years as a dance hall, Sunday School and meeting room. In 1998, after a years work on the building, Creed Design moved in to the top floor.
How the studio looked...
After this event, we are now undertaking a full re-build. The lower floors suffered substantial water damage and works are now well underway to restore the whole building to its former glory.
Where we are up to(Sept '09)...
Other work goes on however, and Creed are grateful for the support of friends, clients and suppliers whose help, concern and words of encouragement have been very welcome. We continue to serve all our clients in the same professional manner and have re-located to a new studio for the period of the works nearby.
Please note all our contact details remain the same!